[PLUG] Unable to Access Internet on Newly Installed Ubuntu 10.04

Akshay N. Manke akshay.n.manke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 15:40:46 IST 2010

Hello,

  I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 and trying to configure Static IP to use
internet through BSNL Broadband, but i am not able to configure Gateway. I
am able to ping any other machine in our network because static IP and
Subnet it has taken but not able to access Internet because of gateway.

  I have tried to search on the internet and also got some ways to change
the IP from dynamic to Static by editing the /etc/network/interfaces file
but it is showing *Read Only* file or by configuring network interface
through *Preferences > Network Connections* but it is not allowing me to
change the gateway.

 I know this is a very minor problem but i am new in Linux world hence this
help is require.

 Please Guide....

Thanks In Advance.

--