[PLUG] Confirmation: Wikipedia:Meetup /Pune3 on Monday Dec. 13, 2010 6:30 pm @ SICSR

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 12:13:55 IST 2010

Hi,

Continuing with the wikipedia meetup announcement....

Please check out this mail posted by Erik on the wikipedia India
mailing list  to understand the purpose of thier visit to India. You
can join the meeting with your thoughts on this.

Best regards
-Sudhanwa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi all,

this is just to update you all on an upcoming visit to India by Danese
Cooper, Alolita Sharma, and myself. Danese is our Chief Technical
Officer, and Alolita program-manages the features development team.
I'm the Deputy Director and also responsible for our product strategy.

The purpose of our visit is fact-finding and outreach to India's
engineering and open source community. The key questions we're hoping
to explore include: localization issues concerning Indic languages,
other MediaWiki improvements that would make our sites more useful in
India, improvements to our mobile gateway, potential partners in
developing and deploying offline versions of Wikimedia content.

We will, of course, also seek to meet with Wikimedians in the
different cities we're visiting, including the chapter.

We have a very packed schedule of community meetups, presentations,
and one-on-ones, but don't hesitate to let us know about people we
should meet. Our itinerary is currently as follows:

Arrival in Delhi 12/6
Mumbai 12/9
Pune 12/12
Bangalore 12/14