[PLUG] Fedora 12

Amol Dalavi dalavi.amol at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:41:29 IST 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:51 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/25/2010 05:38 PM, chetan patil wrote:
> > Hey.
> >
> > My Wireless network isn't working in Fedora 12.
> >
> > It is by default disabled.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest basis steps to make it work.
> > Broadcom adater for wifi.
>
> Refer to
>
> http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/bcm43xx-yum-extras
>
> Also note that Fedora 12 has reached end of life and won't get any
> updates including security updates.  Fedora 13/14 are the currently
> maintained releases.
>
> Rahul

Hi Chetan

If you have Broadcom wireless adapter you can use following procedure
I am assuming that you have other internet connection.

Install the rpmfusion repositories. You can do that by installing following
RPMs.
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm

Install the broadcom drivers
$ yum install broadcom-wl.noarch
$reboot

Now network manager will detect the wireless network.

Let me know if you want further assistance.

--
Best Regards
Amol Dalavi