[PLUG] regarging swap space

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Tue Feb 23 16:05:20 IST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Shridhar Daithankar
<ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 February 2010 14:03:18 Owais Lone wrote:
>> If you have more than 2 gigs of RAM, don't use swap. That's it.
>> If you have less than 1 GB, use 1-2GB of Swap.
>
> Actually a 512MB of swap is recommended no matter how much RAM you have. Linux
> just behaves better(I know its anecdotal/no hard facts) but linux loves to
> have some swap around.
>
> --
> Regards
>  Shridhar

i think what श्रीधर says is value, since 2-5 days back I kept getting
warning during the installation of OS (openSUSE) and ML
(MandrivaLinux) when there was no defined swap partition.

So it is ... "even when you *swap nil*"  you still neeeeed to define
swap partition space aloecated.

--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. No question is ever stupid!