[PLUG] My experiments with Ubuntu 10.04

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Thu Jul 1 12:13:44 IST 2010

In between when Mandriva Spring did not arrive on time, i decided to
spend the little time I had on hand experimenting with Ubuntu 10.04

I was somewhat disappointed that after hours of struggling around and
surfing the net I could not reconfigure X

While installing 10.04 I used 15" LCD and later when 1912wb became
available, I wanted to have that work with Ubuntu...

After 2-3 days of struggle and fruitless efforts I reattached 15" LCD
back to Ubuntu 10.04 and let it feel contented with it, though the
later user of that machine could have greatly benefited in terms of
productive use of one's eye by 19" LCD...

that is exactly when I started wondering if under the disguise of
simplicity the usability is actually getting impeded...

Just expressing my चार आणे worth of experience!