[PLUG] which certification is best

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Fri Jul 2 17:35:24 IST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM, sachin nigade
<sachin.nigade2020 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  <plug-mail at plug.org.in>Dear all,
> I am Sachin Nigade, and not so expert as like you in Linux. I need your
> guidance, related with Linux certification course.
> Which certification will give better career in Linux field? I have searched
> web a lot, and got some options like Red Hat's RHCE, Ubuntu, LPI and Sun
> Solaris SCSA also.
> But need best choice, because all are very costly, in terms of
> self-learning, training and exam also (not less than 10,000/-)
>
> Please guide me, I am working in IT as system admin and networking engineer,
> having 2 years of experience
> in M$ environment. I dont mind for commorcial certification, but my career
> should be on Free-Opensource solutions.
>
> I am confused, please help me to solve this puzzle.

It is likely a long journey, and there is no better way than self
practice and "use of Linux" to switch/build career based on Free and
Open Source solutions...

So conserving on your resources would be the correct strategy.

Your past experience will help you to the extent that you will perhaps
find familiar names and concepts that are easy to relate to (assuming
you are real admin and not the usual Microsoft Paper Tiger :-)

The puzzle will dissolve itself once you make a beginning!

http://tinyurl.com/PLUGvision
--
humble beginnings have habit of later making big strides...