[PLUG] Please suggest me a GNU/Linux distribution

Udayraj udayrajb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 00:08:47 IST 2010

> Hi all,
>  Please suggest me a GNU/Linux distribution for a PC having following
> configuration:
>
> Processor : VIA Samuel 2
> Speed: 796.32 MHz
> RAM: ?512 MB
>
> The suggested GNU/Linux distribution MUST have at least following packages
> available in it by default:
>
> 1. KDE
> 2. C/C++/Java Support
> 3. LAMP Support
> 4. Quanta Plus
> 5. Open Office
> 6. Desktop Publishing Support
> 7. All audio and video codecs
> 8. VLC
> 9. All other standard components of GNU/Linux distribution
>
> Please don't suggest URL for installation of additional packages. I want such
> an installation DVD which should contain ALL these packages BY DEFAULT.

If you prefer to download then you should try Slax Linux
(http://www.slax.org). You can build your own distribution by adding
the required packages called modules on line with few clicks (Okay a
little more than few) . Then download your custom made ISO file. I
haven't seen any simpler and faster way of customizing Linux than
this.

I have tried it on a 2 GB transcend pen drive. I found it slim and
snappier than any other popular KDE desktop.

Regards,
Udayraj