[PLUG] OT: BSNL DataOne modem

Makarand Mhaiskar kaajoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 09:59:09 IST 2010

Hi,

I've an old SmartAX MT882 broadband modem but got a new telephone line.
I'm not getting the LINK light on. Normally, if the phone line is good
and modem is turned on, the LINK light should blink and then stay on.

Before I go after the BSNL guys to fix the line, I just want to confirm
that the LINK light should be ON even when the modem is not connected to
the PC, even first time, right? In other words, network configuration is
not a pre-requisite for the server LINK!!

TIA,
-makarand