[PLUG] Found a laptop which is Linux friendly

Mithun Shitole mithunit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 08:57:37 IST 2010

On Sunday 20 June 2010 12:55 PM, Prashant Shah wrote:
> Hi Mithun,
>

>>         I hope this will help someone who wants to buy a laptop and run Linux
>> onto it.
>>

> What is the cost of the laptop ?
>
> Regards.

Hi Prashant,

     Sorry for the delayed response.
Cost of G550 was 32 K with Bag pack and and USB Keyboard, Mouse ( Not
soo good, I replaced it with Logitech ). It also come with Windows 7 HP
OEM. (now running dual boot with win7 / ubuntu 10.04 32 bit )

G560 (i3) was also 32 K but without Windows 7 ( Now running Ubuntu 10.04
64 bit ). There is a minor problem I found with this as when I plug in
headphone Jack, Laptop sound does not gets muted. I did not tried to
find a solution for it yet.

Prices vary every day, So you may get better deal with those now. :)

I purchased all three from DCC.

Thanks and regards,
Mithun