[PLUG] How to execute a shell script from an html web page

Shreerang Patwardhan patwardhan.shreerang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 10:02:22 IST 2010

Hi Navin,
      Firstly, there is no attachment to your mail!...
      Secondly, my shell script is to run on the client machine itself. I
will tell you my current status. I have a shell script which is perfectly
working. I execute it using the standard method- ./filename.sh. I have
created a simple HTML page which just has a submit button on it. Now, what I
want is that when I click on this button my shell script program should
execute.
      I am not an expert in shell scripting!...So if you could give a simple
step-wise procedure to do the task, that would be a great help to me!

Thanx,
Shreerang Patwardhan.