[PLUG] Btrfs more than twice as fast compared to ext4

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 07:00:17 IST 2010

I've managed to boot into btrfs as root fs using a separate ext4 boot
partition in
ubuntu 10.04 following http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1389279 but
with some shortcuts to avoid patching grub2 (just created an entry in
40_custom).

did a few quick stuff but main thing was "hdparm -t /dev/sdaX" showed btrfs
about 3% *slower* (~194 MBps) compared to ext4 (~201 MBps) on my SSD.

will rerun this hdparm read test shortly after booting into non-btrfs root in
case the fact that it is mounted as root is causing some issues...

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at its end madness and chaos lie."