[PLUG] Grub problem with Acer 5738

Nikhil Kala nikhilrkale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:43:12 IST 2010

Hello All,

I had installed ubuntu 9.10 on acer 5738 laptop with windows XP. The ubuntu
installation was completed fine.
After installation I got the GRUB loaded menu with windows XP option. I had
selected ubuntu usually the first option but after that the screen goes
blank and I was not able to see anything.

I had re-installed ubuntu on acer laptop and selected ssh packages. But same
problem occur again. This time I was able to login to the laptop using ssh
and able to all the things remotely.
So is there any way to resolve this problem?

Note: both the time of installation I had selected text mode installation as
graphical installation was not working.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil Kala
http://www.nikhilkala.com