[PLUG] accounting and excise billing on Linux

Prashant Shah pshah.mumbai at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 11:22:25 IST 2010

Hi everyone,

> Is there a specific reason why you're planning on starting from scratch, as
> opposed to simply using GnuKhata as a starting point? Just wondering...

What I want for myself is a simple accounting software, for personal
use. Maybe some small size organization might find it interesting. It
should be easy and fun to use.

I had spoken to GnuKhata team and they were targeting mid to large
size organization.

I have gone though nearly all accounting software and find them too
very complex and hard to use ! They just end up getting in my way too
much.

Its a just a personal project, I dont promise anything :)

I also want to learn rails :D