[PLUG] ITR e-filing on Linux

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Sat May 29 11:53:07 IST 2010

Hi,

On 05/27/2010 06:49 PM, Mayuresh wrote:
> Income tax department provides MS Excel based software (Excel sheets) for
> preparing income tax returns on this page:
>
> https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/individual_huf.do
>
> They state MS Excel as a system requirement for using this.
>
> If anyone has tried/succeeded in e-filing returns using this software on
> Linux (using Openoffice / otherwise) please do post your experience.

This issue is brought up every year on almost many Indian foss mailing lists.
Last year someone did something about it:
http://lists.fosscom.in/pipermail/network-fosscom.in/2009-September/001405.html
http://freedom-matters.in/

I don't know yet if the IT-R form is the same this year too, but in any case,
methinks publishing and popularizing this effort would be a nice thing.

cheers,
- steve

--
random spiel: http://lonetwin.net/