[PLUG] Kernel level file calling

आदित्य लघाटे laghatea at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 23:56:45 IST 2010

Hello,
Today while discussing some things with a colleague, I came across a few
points which I have doubts about. Thought I will ask here and clarify them.

Doubt:
I have a file foo.bar on my disk, which is handled by an application foo.
Say double click on it or access it from command line as foo foo.bar.

Now can I write a kernel module or any other application as a daemon, which
intercepts this call and reads the contents of my file and then passes back
the control to foo.

Foo is an independent software, like say vi, for argument sake.

I personally doubt this, but is it possible?

Sent from handheld device