[PLUG] [OT] Getting wireless data plan w/o having to buy modem

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Tue Oct 5 09:46:41 IST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:57:35AM +0530, Vaibhav Dalvi wrote:
> > Thanks a lot for this. I also found that their tariff page clearly shows
> > some freebies IF you buy modem from them.
> >
> > > "Which particular BSNL office is aware of this information?" is BIG
> > > question!

For records, my "experiments with truth" ended in utter failure as finally
I ended up having to buy a voice plan because "that's the one they sell if
you are going to use the card on mobile"... Some staffer at the CSC who
claimed to understand my requirement exactly simply handed over a SIM
readily activated for voice plan to me.

Had to give up 1.5GB of free usage and some such freebies that would have
come with a data plan...

Hope to at least be able to convert it to a data plan later.

Mayuresh.