[PLUG] FOSS Activity and Non-Technical People

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:09:10 IST 2010

Hi,

--- On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Vinayak Kulkarni
<kulkarnivd2007 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
| But I think that the freedom they wanted was quiet right
| at their era, because computers were used by mostly technical people.
\--

Nope. They care for end users as well. That is why GPLv3 and AGPLv3
licenses were introduced.

---
| But in today s world even common public is also
| using the computer I mean Non-Technical personals
|  also using the computers for their general work.
| And more importantly, Thing about software
| that it is Free or Paid does not matter to them
\--

Ignorance is bliss? :)

I am sure it will matter to them if they are made *aware* of what
proprietary software can do remotely with data on their systems
without them knowing about it.

---
| So there seems to be limitation over spreading of FOSS software.
\--

F/OSS exists everywhere. Just that people are not aware that it is
actually F/OSS.

---
| The condition I described above, does not mean that
| I am against FOSS. But I think, I have expressed whatever I wanted.
\--

You are welcome to express your opinion.

Regards,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan