[PLUG] FOSS Activity and Non-Technical People

Vinayak Kulkarni kulkarnivd2007 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Sep 30 20:30:35 IST 2010

Dnyanraj

sorry for my typing mistake.
Thanks for the information.

Vinayak D. Kulkarni
(Col_VIN)

--- On Thu, 30/9/10, Dnyanraj Mali <dnyanraj.mali at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dnyanraj Mali <dnyanraj.mali at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] FOSS Activity and Non-Technical People
Date: Thursday, 30 September, 2010, 7:34 PM

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Vinayak Kulkarni <
kulkarnivd2007 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi Dnyaraj

Its Dnyanraj.. :)

> What should we and foss do in such cases.
>
> once again I have case to discuss (.. do not get angry as I have many more
> cases to discuss. :) )
>
> Engineering colleges use matlab & rationalrose software in their
> academics(..as everybody knows this).
> and there are very few colleges who are accepting the free and open source
> alternative of matlab & rational rose.
> What is the thing about rest of the colleges?
> When we raised this issue in our college, our administration said that when
> they are ready to pay then why we should worry about this issue.

Here i did not get your point..
But i would like to say that colleges follow university rules, if linux is
in your syllabus they'll have to install it..(this is problem in our
education system)

you might want to know that BCS syllabus is changed a lot & Linux is
introduced, so now colleges are changing their system..

Its a TOP-DOWN approach
Bottom-Up does not work in these cases :(

> Vinayak D. Kulkarni
> (Col_VIN)

Regards,
Dnyanraj