[PLUG] X doesnt work in 11.04 ubuntu.

Ameet Gholap amitrgholap at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 08:07:52 IST 2011

Hi All,

10.10 to 11.04 upgrade messed up my system. X doesnt start.
Only the net connection works. I have found a workaround!

Provide default key-ring during starting. GUI not seen. Only mouse
pointer and blank screen.
Now press power. Ubuntu asks for shutdown, restart etc Help and Cancel
buttons available.
Click Help to launch help and cancel to abort shutdown.
Now from that help window, use menus to ask for "Online Help".
FF launches.

Using that firefox, I am now mailing asking for help.

How can I repair my system?

Thanks.

~A.
(\./)
(o.o)
( X )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help achieve world domination.