[PLUG] X doesnt work in 11.04 ubuntu.

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:46:23 IST 2011

Hi

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Ameet Gholap <amitrgholap at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 10.10 to 11.04 upgrade messed up my system. X doesnt start.
> Only the net connection works. I have found a workaround!
>
> Provide default key-ring during starting. GUI not seen. Only mouse
> pointer and blank screen.
> Now press power. Ubuntu asks for shutdown, restart etc Help and Cancel
> buttons available.
> Click Help to launch help and cancel to abort shutdown.
> Now from that help window, use menus to ask for "Online Help".
> FF launches.
>
> Using that firefox, I am now mailing asking for help.
>
> How can I repair my system?
>
> Thanks.

What all you have told it seems you X is starting properly, its
something to do with the settings of your window manager.
You can try removing xinitrc and other files related to the window
manager from you home directory so that you system can create a fresh
one for the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

--dexter