[PLUG] [Event report] Introduction to Python: Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune, India

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:01:31 IST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com>wrote:

> --- On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Navin Kabra <navin.kabra at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> | Very nice. How many students attended this session, and what was, in your
> | opinion, their overall reaction to Python?
> \--
>
> There were about 50 students and few faculty. While most of them had
> some programming experience, they were new to Python. Each participant
> had a separate computer to practice and learn.

This is great. I think spreading Python amongst students is a great goal.

Do you think it would make sense to repeat this in other colleges? What is
required - an enthusiastic faculty member? A strong student group? Also, in
your estimation, can anybody well versed in Python do this easily with the
help of the slides?