[PLUG] [Event report] Introduction to Python: Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune, India

Parag Shah adaptives at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 11:39:09 IST 2011

> This is great. I think spreading Python amongst students is a great goal.

I too agree - spreading Python among students is a very good goal.

I have frequently taught Java to students, and I have always felt that there
are way too many things that need to be done in Java, to write simple
programs. This takes the focus away from programming - to learning all the
incidental things that need to be done (even to write basic programs).

A typical 10 week semester, falls way short of doing any serious
programming.

The basic concepts of Python can be grasped very soon, and we can then focus
on how to use programs to solve problems, good programming practices, etc.

--
Thanks & Regards
Parag Shah