[PLUG] [Event report] Introduction to Python: Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune, India

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:43:14 IST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Parag Shah <adaptives at gmail.com> wrote:

> My theory is that, to be able to do anything over a sustained period of
> time, the only way to get it to work is to tie it to tangible rewards.
> Unfortunately, tangible rewards for students - are grades, and for employees
> - are appraisals. Please do not take this as a negative remark for either
> students or employed programmers. I am just stating what I have observed,
> and perhaps things are such because of the way our system works.

And, I often say that unless the students are motivated enough to
apply their knowledge for mere pleasure of finding things out then we
are missing out on the opportunity to build capable employees and
entrepreneurs.

Let's face it, in each life there is hardship and difficulty. And yet,
if one doesn't take it upon oneself to rise above it all, then what's
the point ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>