[PLUG] Unable to remove corrupt files from Linux Mint

Priyank Tiwari priyankgt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 00:47:00 IST 2011

Hi,
I have a dual boot laptop with Linux Mint & Win XP. I have shared my XP
drives with Linux Mint and somehow few files on the shared drive got
corrupted (pdf files).
Now I am able to view those files in both the operating systems, but when I
try to delete it from Linux Mint, it says "No such file or directory" and
some long error on XP.
Note that I can view the files using 'ls' command and also tried to delete
them using inode without any success.

priyank at priyank-Aspire-4720:/media/Personal/Study/Course Slides/ETH/OS &
Networks$ ls -il
total 5
13065 -rw------- 2 priyank priyank 1294 2011-07-02 20:48 assignment11.pdf
14659 -rw------- 2 priyank priyank    8 2011-05-27 21:13
chapter20-io-6up.pdf
13710 -rw------- 1 priyank priyank   65 2011-05-26 20:11
chapter21-io2-6up.pdf

priyank at priyank-Aspire-4720:/media/Personal/Study/Course Slides/ETH/OS &
Networks$ sudo rm assignment11.pdf
[sudo] password for priyank:
rm: cannot remove `assignment11.pdf': No such file or directory

priyank at priyank-Aspire-4720:/media/Personal/Study/Course Slides/ETH/OS &
Networks$ find . -inum 13065 -exec rm {} \;
rm: cannot remove `./assignment11.pdf': No such file or directory

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Priyank
http://priyank.org