[PLUG] Pune Diasora Meetup on saturday 18th June 10 am at COEP boat club

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:51:45 IST 2011

Diasora is a new Social Network built with privacy and full control over
users' data. It is funded by internet users around the world and built by
Free Software community. This project was inspired by Prof Eben Moglen of
Software Freedom Law Center and started by 4 students Maxwell Salzberg,
Daniel Grippi, Ilya Zhirtomirsky, Rafael Sofaer from New York University as
their summer project. It is been around for a year now. It is still in alpha
testing, nearing a beta release soon. Being Free Software users, we can fit
the role of early adopters testing and suggesting features, hopefully even
implementing some features too.

The idea of the meetup is to come up with some plans for expanding the
diaspora community, esecially encouraging more students to get involved and
help implement some necessary features. We will be conducting ruby on rails
workshop to train those interested in contributing.

If you want to be part of growing and important community, do come for the
meetup. Remember to register at
http://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/wiki/meetups and bring at least one A2
size paper (optionally bring sketch pens and markers if you have some). Our
main activity for the meetup will be making diaspora posters. We are
planning to cover as many colleges and public places with this campaign.

Looking forward to meeting some of you. If you want to try diaspora before
the meetup see http://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/wiki/invitations also
there is wonderful tutorial site for diaspora by Kevin Kleinman at
http://diasporial.com

Feel free to ask anything more you want to know,

Cheers
Praveen
Helped a bit to translate diasora to Malayalam