[PLUG] Will html 5 adoption end incompatibility woes for Linux users?

Ghodechhap ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Fri Mar 11 08:07:43 IST 2011

On Thursday 10 March 2011 22:44:15 Mayuresh wrote:
> Not that the standards didn't exist before. But why do we have this era of
> "IE only" sites?

laziness.. lot of people do not realize(d) that "It works on my machine" is a
problem.

besides, making a site work in both IE and firefox(or other browsers) take a
lot of work, especially on IE side, so why bother.. at least that was the
thought.

> Are things going to be different on the browser interoperability front
> with adoption of HTML 5?

I doubt. html5 capabilities of IE9 and other browsers are not in same league
and so long as things work as expected in IE9, anybody has little incentive to
change.

adoption of firefox and chrome has been noticeble and IE share has been going
down. so this phenomenon should be dwindling but very very slowly.

--
Regards
 Shridhar