[PLUG] Will html 5 adoption end incompatibility woes for Linux users?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 18:50:42 IST 2011

On 03/12/2011 09:17 AM, Ghodechhap wrote:
> To be fair, there is no reference implementation of standard and lot of
> incompatibilities we see today are down to different interpretation of
> standard. However that does not help the marketplace.

Reference implementations never will work for something as big as a
browser.  We will have implementation bugs and then there will be debate
over whether that implementation is right or wrong based on gaps in
specification.   Web always had evolving standards and as long as there
is healthy competition and open standards, it will all work just fine in
the long run.

Rahul