[PLUG] Airtel router issue

Sarang Lakare sarang.lakare at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:17:08 IST 2011

Thank you for your replies.

Arun, I do not clearly understand what you mean by "public IP". Are you
saying that the IP that is assigned to my Airtel router is a private network
IP? And then that means my network is unreachable from outside? If that is
the case, then no wonder none of my configurations worked.

I don't really care about static IP. For now, I know my IP and I can try
connect to it directly w/o DNS (although I am also using dyndns service).

My dad has a reliance connection and I can ssh directly to his machine using
his IP address. So I find it strange that Airtel's IP addresses are not
accessible publicly.

Due to my second problem of not being able to login to my Airtel router, I
cannot check the IP assigned to the router by Airtel. Anybody using Airtel,
can you tell me the default login/passwd? I am trying "login" and "password"
and it is not working.

Thanks! Appreciate your help.

Sarang

Sarang Lakare, Ph.D.