[PLUG] GNU/Linux Distribution Suggestion

Vinit Khandagle vinit.khandagle at gmail.com
Sun May 8 02:22:50 IST 2011

Hi Pankaj,

As per your requirements, Ubuntu or Linux Mint is a great choice, espcially
for novice people, it has all the requirements that you are requesting for.

Ubuntu:
------------
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

Linux Mint
----------------
http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 6:33 AM, <pankaj at glug4muz.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Please suggest me a GNU/Linux distribution with following features:
>
> 1. After installing it with CD/DVD, most of packages available for it can
> be installed from same or another CD/DVD. High speed Internet connection
> should not be required for installing default packages available for it.
>
> 2. It should not be much resource consuming. Should work on an old system
> such as P-IV with low amount of RAM such as 512MB.
>
> 3. Latest version of LAMP related packages should be available on it.
>
> 4. It should support Tata Indicom Photon Plus connection.
>
> 5. Codes of common audio and video format should be available on it by
> default.
>
> 6. Upgradation process of it should be easy with the CD/DVD of current
> version.
>
> Best Regards ...
> Pankaj Kumar

VINIT KHANDAGLE