[PLUG] Buffalo routers, anyone tried?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Wed May 18 18:51:46 IST 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 03:39:09PM +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
> Rs. 3450 per unit.  I went by the specs. on the Buffalo site but in
At least 1k above quoted by same shop, though I think there will be
difference in bulk and one odd purchase.

> >> The E2100L was not available in India when I checked 4 weeks ago. ?The
> >
> > I have been trying calling vendors. One on Lamington road said he had this
> > router. I think it was Perfect Electronics.
>
> Thanks - what was their quote?

It was a little below 5k. Don't remember. But the way I heard the person
yelling and getting the quote from colleagues I wasn't sure whether it was
for "L" version.

This is also seen at ebay in India (not under US products sold on ebay
India) for about 7k.

Suggests it has just started coming in.

> > Have you tried/heard of WRT160NL - predecessor of E2100L? DD-WRT site
>
> No idea about WRT160NL.  Are they available?  Price?   If available go
> for it, especially when DD-WRT supports it.

Around 4.9k. Available in some shops, not in too many. I think it's on the
way out. E2100L is its nearest sibling by specs, both supported by DD-WRT.

Mayuresh.