[PLUG] Google Releases Honeycomb Code!

Swapnil Bhartiya swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:06:34 IST 2011

While everyone is talking about Android 4.0 code, what is worth
mentioning is that Google has also released source code of Honeycomb as
well.

Despite Google's repeated clarification that holding back Honeycomb code
was not intended to make it close source but to stop OEMs from starting
to put it on their devices. Honeycomb was a work-around to put Android
on the tablets while Google works on Android 4.0.

But now Google has released the source code for honeycomb as well.

Queru writes in his post, "This release includes the full history of the
Android source code tree, which naturally includes all the source code
for the Honeycomb releases. However, since Honeycomb was a little
incomplete, we want everyone to focus on Ice Cream Sandwich. So, we
haven't created any tags that correspond to the Honeycomb releases (even
though the changes are present in the history.)

Read here: http://www.muktware.com/news/2937

Swapnil Bhartiya