[PLUG] Good smtp setup

Shyamgopal Kundapurkar kundapurkar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 11:25:31 IST 2011

Mayuresh,

I dont know if this helps:

I worked on Zimbra 7 on RHEL for last 15 days.
Zimbra uses Postfix as an MTA. (You may need to additionally install/config
DNS server for a DNS domain in question.)
Zimbra gives you simple(r) command line interface to its Postfix MTA
configuration to allow mail relay.
I strongly suggest you dont allow unauthenticated relay on MTA unless MTA is
inside a firewall. Otherwise your MTA will get blacklisted in no time.
If MTA is inside firewall, allow unauthenticated relays on it, and allow
connections to port 25 ONLY from local IP addresses ( like 192.168.1.0/24etc).

cheers,
shyam ....