[PLUG] Microsoft - Key Linux contributor!

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:00:39 IST 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 08:19:20AM +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
>> If you see that the business interest actually translates into
>> requiring to contribute kernel code, aren't they anyway enhancing the
>> kernel ?
>
> Never denied that. The term is "key contributor" and it is arrived at on
> the basis of some count, which is questionable.

And that is what I alluded to. The "key" is a measure of significance
or, it could be a measure of sheer LoC. I'd probably lean towards the
former. What I find a bit amusing is that this entire MSFT presence is
diverting attention from the fact that embedded folks viz. Samsung and
others are beginning to make their presence felt on the list.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>