[PLUG] grub et. al.

मःसागरः o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Wed Apr 18 12:04:21 IST 2012

after my few attempt to use various operating distributions and many
of them grub compliant as default, I have following sincere remark to
make... using grand unified boot loader I could install upto 50 or
even more distributions and play any of them as per my whim...

**only if all them allow me to easily install them using grub***

and that I have found to be very difficult so far,

and the argument is not yet closed :-)

e.g.
1. recently I was helping one elderly person with windows, mandriva
2011 and ubuntu 11.10... ubuntu 11.10 could not be made bootable to
due to grub & associated installation difficulties...

till I entered the scene, windows and mandriva was playing cooly, he
had some problems with madriva hence he wanted to try out ubuntu, the
greatest... and the greatest failed the simple bootloader test!

i was almost thinking of writting a post, why I love the default, i.e. grub.
if somebody could help me write and complete that article, it will be
oneof the greatest philosophical adventure of Linux Times!
--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. Why question the answer, unless question itself is the answer ?