[PLUG] Help required - system administration from basics

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 22:58:29 IST 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे
<mandarvaze at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) If one feels intimidated about the "right way" to ask help on PLUG, we
>> need to change something. Thats not what PLUG was setup for.
>>

> In addition to that PLUG's mail filter also need to be "relaxed"

+1   At times I feel intimidated to post to this list not knowing if
it will be accepted or sit in a bit bucket.

I have not experienced this kind of filtering in any other LUG mailing
list.   Elsewhere,  there is auto correction by list members if anyone
abuses the terms and conditions of membership.

Coming to Rohini's query, I would also recommend several of the full
featured books that are available @ www.tldp.org. I got my networking
funda from Olaf Kirsch's book on Linux networking and it is *free* (as
in freedom).

--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to