[PLUG] Help required in Localization

Shyamgopal Kundapurkar kundapurkar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 09:51:41 IST 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM, anand mattikopp <anand.matti at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on Hindi localization of an open source software. Since I'm new
> to this area, can some point me to good resource for translation. I've
> tried google/bing translation and babylon.com but these provide more of
> general translations and are not very technical. For example, "*Restart*"
> gets translated to "फिर से आरंभ करें".

Anand,

1) If you are in Pune/Mumbai try contacting the local CDAC offices.
2) If you are not in proximity of these cities, try CDAC's websites,
especially their sections on GIST and FUEL. I think the second one (fuel)
may have a separate website and they are dedicated to localisation.
3) You can make your computer dual-boot and install Hindi/Marathi versions
of Gnu-Linux running GNOME localisation of Hindi/Marathi or KDE
localisation of Hindi/Marathi. They have pretty matured/professional levels
of localisations.

Maybe Karunakar would like to comment here ?

thanks and cheers,
shyam ....