[PLUG] Help required in Localization

chandrakant dhutadmal cpdhutadmal at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 14:25:07 IST 2012

You may also like to try using http://tdil-dc.in/gcdr/. This has got all the translations for various Indian languages.

Regards,
Chandrakant Dhutadmal.

________________________________
 From: anand mattikopp <anand.matti at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Help required in Localization

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM, anand mattikopp <anand.matti at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm working on Hindi localization of an open source software. Since I'm
> new
> > to this area, can some point me to good resource for translation. I've
> > tried google/bing translation and babylon.com but these provide more of
> > general translations and are not very technical. For example, "*Restart*"
> > gets translated to "फिर से आरंभ करें".
>
> <https://fedorahosted.org/fuel/browser#fuel-hindi> is a good starting
> point.
>
> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>
>

> Thanks Sankarshan and Shyam.

FUEL is something I was looking for. A Standardized repository of commonly
used words. I found Glosbe.com to be very handy as it searches in KDE
repository for the results, I feel FUEL and Glosbe would serve the purpose
for me.

I only concern with FUEL is that the glossary is in pdf. Seriously? I know
.ods and .po files are also present but storing this glossary on a
webpage(read html format) would be handy.

Thanks,
Anand.