[PLUG] Any recent developments with Linux/BSD based mobile phones?

pavithran s pavi.eu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:14:37 IST 2012

On 27 August 2012 22:44, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
> Have there been any recent developments in *nix based cell phones or PDAs?
>
> I have N900. Great device for Linux enthusiasts. Looking for different /
> more recent devices.

Buy N9 first hand when you can , get it from relative/friend overseas
. If you delay there would be no *nix phone on shops . Yes its that
sad .

Or else if  you are optimistic you can wait for  a handset to come
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolla

These guys were the core  team of N9 who came out of Nokia to start
their own phone obviously unhappy with Nokia shutting down all its
*nix including Qt base thanks to MS deal which Stephen ellop ( who
came as a mole :D ) .

Yes I also own a N900 and am looking for something lightweight ,
better touch .. I dont want the software touched . I am happy with GTK
and debian based package management which maemo offers which
personally for me is better than Qt with RPM base .

Regards,
Pavithran