[PLUG] Richard Stallman on Ubuntu's online search feature

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sat Dec 8 10:44:39 IST 2012

http://www.muktware.com/4942/richard-m-stallman-joins-eff-calls-ubuntu-spyware

Concerns are valid. At least the user should be made aware of it.

On similar lines, I am worried more about my Android phone on security
front. I, as yet, refrain from entering any passwords of much relevance to
me on android - even if they are not cached on the phone.

It is unclear, why throughout the day my phone's data upload-download
arrows (icons indicating internet usage) keep blinking...

I'll need to make all traffic go through a proxy and check what's up.

I don't as yet have the same confidence that I have developed over years
in open source software with downloaded apps on android.

Mayuresh