[PLUG] Microsoft, Apple Protest SOPA?

Swapnil Bhartiya swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 15:14:47 IST 2012

It's humor piece to mock supporters of SOPA/PIPA.

To protest against SOPA/PIPA, Apple is announcing two models of the
iPhone and the iPad with jet black back and STOP SOPA/PIPA engraved on
it. The devices are available immediately and the $100 extra ($100 + the
original price) that you will pay for each device will be donated to
Apple's internal law enforcement department which fights the patent and
copyright cases.

Read story here: http://www.muktware.com/blogs/3226/apple-joins-sopa-protest

The technical team of Microsoft came up with a solution. "We did not
have to do much and it will have deeper impact than Wikileak's blackout.
According to our funded survey 10 people visit Wikipedia every 30
seconds compare that with Windows BSoD (Blue Screen of Death). There are
30 BSoDs every 10 seconds, around the globle. This is a massive power
and we can exploit it."

Read story
here:http://www.muktware.com/blogs/3227/microsoft-joins-sopapipa-protest-windows-will-go-black-today

Swapnil