[PLUG] Why I'm a Pirate!

मःसागरः o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Tue Jan 31 21:49:06 IST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/31 म.हा.सा.ग.र <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com>:
>> Perhaps you have not met a old thinking type shop owner (or a
>> producer) who think he is going to keep doing the same thing till
>> death becomes him/her.  And then there are usual marketting
>> adventurers who keep using that as their main interest is to stoke or
>> keep the fire from being extinguished...  which I am pointing again as
>> a perspective and there may be more...
>
> But can you allow him to close down new shops using threats and intimidation?

For arguments sake I will say that when RMS refuses to speak until all
sponsors placards are taken down, that is also a kind of threat and
intimidation...

The degree of intolerence is what is justifiable measure in most
circumstances... that is called discretion in matters of intellect.

>>> from another comprehensive write up on this topic
>>> https://www.insightcommunity.com/step2/311/why-i-pirate-an-open-letter-to-content-creators

>> I have not traversed the link you provided simply because it is not my
>> focus area, usually being considerate about other humans (or **human
>> machines**, please note!) gives us enough insight for our own
>> self-development and that is THE angle which probably "Why I am a
>> Pirate" kind of mentality propoganda may miss...
>
> Its your choice not to read it, but if you comment on it without
> reading it shows you have a prejudice and not interested in changing
> your perspective based on any logical argument.

My stating it clearly that I have not traversed the link make it amply
clear that, for reading laws in India I do not need to travel to
United States... by analogy explanation only
Be kind enough to summerize what is stated there... that consumes few
of your brain cycles and also may tell others that you are different
than a typical link copycats.

I reserved my thought cycles for "Why I am a Pirate" subject presented
by you not for that external reference... an I am justified in using
them. You may handle it appropriately by the learning you have had
based on this discussion...

>>> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
>>> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
>>> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
>>> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.
>>>

>> There is also a case to keep reminding that **self**, that you are
>> still bound to follow the laws that were created by obtaining or by
>> abstinance of your covetted VOTE!
>> Nobody gives you any right to just start throwing tantrums just
>> because you have a valid and logical case for improvement, it still
>> needs to be brought up before the people in a manner that is provided
>> by the statutory framework drafted by your and everybody's ancestors
>> who designed current system of governance!
>
> Bringing up the issues for debate is a legitimate step in that
> direction. May be you forgot about the fourth pillar of democracy.
> People have to first understand their interests and then demand it
> from their representatives. Many of rights we enjoy has been won over
> by people like us fighting and even breaking laws, remember civil
> disobedience? Making Salt was illegal then and breaking the law was a
> bold step in throwing it away.

No I have not forgotten either about **seventh heaven** or **cloud nine**!

There is time to get exited about things and there is time to our own
homewark... Unless you self assigned duty is that of trumpeteer, I
think everyone of needs to learn to climb down from the charged state
also as the most damage happens when actions get amplified in the
already charged atmosphere... It is very difficult to handle mob and
unless you have instituted discipline, people simply refuse to climb
down after getting charged...

I leave you here with these thoughts because I think I have written
enough to to guide and even more for me to self-study...

> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.

--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. Why question the answer, unless question itself is the answer ?