[PLUG] Accessing /home partition of old MandrivaLinux from Mint12

ColVIN kulkarnivd2007 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 14 23:55:41 IST 2012

Hi all

Recently I shifted to LinuxMint12 from Mandriva 2012.2, while moving I formatted my / partition and kept my /home partition unformatted.
Now,

I cannot access the home folder of one of the user of Mandriva from LinuxMint12.

LinuxMint is assigning that folders ownership to GID which has not been assigned to any of the user of LinuxMint12.
What should I do to gain access of that home folder of Mandriva's user?
(I tried opening that folder with sudo.. but that did not help..)

Regards

Vinayak D. Kulkarni