[PLUG] firefox video

Vijay Patil vijay.patil at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:59:25 IST 2012

Hello,

Truly inspiring video.

Being C++ programmer, I always wanted to contribute to Firefox, and
few years back came very close (when I learned XUL and browser
add-ons), but got busy with other stuff.

In the spirit of Google Summer of code, if anyone reading this (in
Pune area) interested in contributing to Mozilla Firefox, but not sure
about how it will happen, please do contact me. I offer following:

+ Very good office-like space (in Hinjewadi Phase I)
+ Fast Internet connection and a PC
+ Guidance to get started with contributing source code to Firefox and
other projects.
+ If you have a laptop, bring it.

We will do a small project around Firefox and some other related open
source projects. Objective: At the end of 2 months, you should have a
small but significant contribution accepted in a famous project like
Firefox.

Who Am I?
I have 8+ years of software development experience. Passionate about
open source (Firefox, Libreoffice etc, anything with large C++ code
base). See http://randomnodes.blogspot.in/2010/01/mozillian-inspiration.html.
I maintain few open source projects, prominently :
http://code.google.com/p/cspsol/

Contact me now (8793146232) if you want get started contributing to
open source (free software) revolution and not just be passive
consumer (a.k.a loser).  Ready?

--
Vijay

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/10.0.2/firstrun/
>
> (Saw it today. With fast release cycles, don't know if it's old news for
> many!)
>
> Mayuresh.

Vijay Patil