[PLUG] Fwd: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta3 release

"Arun Khan (অরুণ খান্/अरुण खान)" knura9 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:23:31 IST 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> How about we do a debian installer test day?

The last weekly build that I have tried 20/Aug/2012 fails to install
grub at the very end.    Has this been fixed?

> We have to download the
> new images and try it out on as many different hardware as possible.

A link would be helpful.

> We can also try installer in different languages in virtual machines.

Nice idea.   I usually do a quick eval of new releases in a LKVM guest OS>

> Those who don't want to touch their existing installations can install
> it on a USB external disk.

Again a very good idea.  I have been doing the above for a few distros
to eval them on the real hardware.

>  If there is some interest lets meet at some
> place and do it together. The more people join, the more fun we can
> have.

I am Mumbai based - so I would appreciate if you can share the
experiences in a blog/ article/ or a post to this list.

Thanks,
-- Arun Khan