[PLUG] open source linux mail server

Vishal Joshi vishalintel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:57:08 IST 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM, <plug-mail-request at plug.org.in> wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. open source linux mail server (Varun Deshpande)
>    2. Re: open source linux mail server (Arun Khan)

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:19:34 +1000
> From: Varun Deshpande <deshpande.varun at gmail.com>
> To: plug-mail at plug.org.in
> Subject: [PLUG] open source linux mail server
>
> Hi,
>
> Please suggest me a good linux mail server. which is easy to install and
> manage
> --

Hi Varun,

I think you can go with qmail mail server which is really very easy to
setup and supports good user interface options. You can try qmailrocks on
google.

Also if you want to go for a more advanced mail server, then go for foss
zimbra mail server. In this, only take care that you need a perfect dns
setup and hostname entry in your ns server prior to installing zimbra free
mail server. You can get good amount of documentation on google for
installing zimbra mail server. Let us know if it works for you.

Hope this helps.