[PLUG] [Discuss] Lava Bit shutted down by US Goverment

raju vindane rajuvindane at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 12:54:04 IST 2013

I am really angry over this.

    Just a week back I created my email account with Lavabit in order
to get out from the surveillance of governments and corporations. I
even putted it as my official email id for some sites, I newly created
an account on. And today I read this on Diaspora that Lavabit is
shutted down.

    Remember when word circulated that Edward Snowden was using
Lavabit, an email service that purports to provide better privacy and
security for users than popular web-based free services like Gmail?
Lavabit's owner has shut down service, with a mysterious message
posted on the lavabit.com home page today. The full message is here on
Lavabit.com

Regards,

Raju D. Vindane