[PLUG] Mailing list issues

Thin Rhino trmlist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 10:21:27 IST 2013

On 3 January 2013 02:03, Sudhanwa Jogalekar <sudhanwa.com at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, there are more than 1200 people on the list. We see just about
> 10 people on this (or any such other) thread. Either so many people do
> not understand what is happening or they are not interested or they
> want to remain neutral.

<wise crack>

Maybe their emails stuck in the Q? ;-)
Even in a country of over a billion people, only 552 people speak up and
pass resolutions.

</wise crack>

A point about top-posting, you mentioned was that a *person* rejects the
email, not an automated filter. Again, there were days, when MUA's had it's
limitations and such email were difficult to read, but today, nearly 95+
(tending to 99%) use GMail. It is smart enough to show you relevant email
content and hide the unwanted. Why should we not move with technology?

Let us understand, technology has moved, MUA's are better. Turn around time
for everything has gone down phenomenally.

The list moderation rules need to adapt to the change.

Aditya