[PLUG] Ubuntu on Android - official release

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sat Jan 5 09:41:43 IST 2013

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 09:04:44PM -0500, anandn wrote:
> Give android a try without comparing it to Maemo. For the kind of real estate handhelds have really, better off using an ultra portable laptop running a full blown Linux distribution of "choice" (this is what I do).

Well, your question was why do I find Android more restrictive than *nix.
This question can't be answered without comparison.

Besides my post was more about *nix' openness vs Android's closeness. It
was not specific to Maemo.

> Or stock up on the n900 (buy as many remaining units as you can, perhaps a room full of n900's) :-)

I don't really understand your comment and it seems to be digressing. I
have one Maemo device as against 3 Android. Happy?

Instead of such remarks, I sincerely hoped, you'll share some tricks about
how Android has ways to overcome some of the shortcomings that I
mentioned.

Mayuresh