[PLUG] 3G pocket router performance / config issue?

Ravikant Patil ravikant.4784 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 19:13:54 IST 2013

​

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे <
mandarvaze at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If it is a router issue, I am willing to replace the router, though not
> > sure whether new breed of 3G routers would be as reliable as old
> > workhorses like WRT54GL/WRT160NL that I have. Difficult to assess that
> > from specs before buying. So would appreciate first hand feedback.
> >

> Couple years ago - we used EDIMAX router that supported Wireless protocol
> "N" and also had 3G router functionality via 3G Dongle.
> We used to have reliance broadband connected to this router, but if wired
> braodband was down for a sometime, we used the same router with the 3G
> dongle.
>
> We never faced any problems (We had only handful of machine like your
> setup)
>
> Unfortunately I don't remember the model number (It was at least 2 years
> ago - so the model we used may not even be available anymore)
> The cost was around 6.5K at that time
>
> -Mandar

​Hi Mayuresh,

- One of the easy/basic ways to test router is to reset it to default
configuration and check for stability, performance etc. ( with minimum
needed configuration)

- Extensively reading user reviews can be one of the better ways to find
out router suitable to you.

- if you are looking for specific 3G dongle/service support, let me know, I
can try to figure it out.
Hope this helps. ​

​
​