[PLUG] Raspberry Pi broad

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sat Mar 2 19:07:05 IST 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:19:17PM +0530, ???? wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am planing to buy "Raspberry Pi" broad.

I was thinking of the same. But postponed the plan for:

- I wanted wifi to work and there are only certain USB dongles that are
  known to work. Trying to get one of them was yet another challenge along
  with getting Pi itself.

- I wanted a device to have a vieo input, via USB so that I could use Pi
  for video streaming. Nothing much found on that. In theory, it should
  work, but no known devices as yet.

- I was interested in running NetBSD on it, which is slowly getting ready
  for Pi. Of course, it's not as advanced or stable as Linux. (This is not
  such a hard and fast requirement. I'd be comfortable with Linux as
  well.)

BTW, Raspberry Pi reached _1 million_ mark within 1 year and that's a
great going. See this article:

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/03/the-raspberry-pi-one-year-since-launch-one-million-sold/

Do post if someone has managed to get the device or have any comments on
above points.

Mayuresh